Monday, September 27, 2010

A good throughline is important

I feel like running a game.

I'm thinking of a sandboxed version of 7th Sea. Great game, mediocre setting. It doesn't exactly lend itself to the low-resource wilderness-exploring kind of campaign that I'd like to run. But listen:

The Three Musketeers in the Lost World.

Duels on pterodactyl-back. A colony of eerily intelligent velociraptors. Plateus and rock formations jutting from the earth like the fists of an angry past. Forests alive with cannibals, winged men, and ghosts. If I can get my head out of colonial America, it could be a lot of fun.

I think I'm going to run it for my wife and kids. The wife has a 7th Sea character she loves above all others. My girls are both old enough now to enjoy this kind of system. And my ideal group is 3 players - enough that everyone has something to do, not so many that they can do everything. Can I run a sandbox game? Dunno. It'll be fun to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment