Thursday, November 10, 2011

Be careful what you wish for...

This is what I get for going on and on about how I love characters and characters are the best thing and you should make characters the center of your roleplaying and blah blah blah. Now I'm stuck with these characters...


...and those are actually the best options. Because what's left over after this motley collection is these characters...


...who are just a sorry lot. Except maybe Doree and Boy Howdee up there. You could maybe strike a couple sparks with that. One or two of the others have potential. But these folks include easily a dozen of the sorriest sad sacks I've seen in more than 20 years of roleplaying. What am I gonna do with them?

The deal is that I signed on to do the Iron Chef Adventure Challenge Contest Thingy over at Swords & Dorkery. He sends each competitor an unopened pack of TSR collector cards from 1992, we each write a short adventure/encounter/whatever that uses at least 8 cards from the pack. It's a great idea. But I kinda expected to get some monsters or some items or SOMETHING OTHER THAN VERY ODD-LOOKING CHARACTERS WITH RANDOMLY GENERATED NAMES. That would be the "challenge" part, I guess. My entry is due tomorrow. Better write it up.

3 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation, you are not the only one to get all or mostly stupid NPCs. I am developing a theory about why these cards did not catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what's up with that "elf wizard" picture?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assuming I have enough space, I'm tackling that question directly. A picture like that deserves an NPC to match.

    ReplyDelete